Thursday, March 3, 2011

Preserving Christmas Memories

Christmas....seriously?  I realize it's March, I know, I know, Christmas stuff should be put away by now!  I've had this particular project sitting next to my desk for quite some time now (2 years to be exact). 

My family loves getting cards, letters and pictures over Christmas and New Years from both family and friends.  There are so many wonderful stories and memories that it just wouldn't be right to throw them away.  I used to create scrapbook pages for all my pictures and letters, but that filled up fast...and not to mention... took a lot more time and effort to create.  Now I just simply punch and bind these treasures into mini-books by year.

Both books were bound using the Zutter binding system.  The cover and back of the book are made with heavyweight chipboard that I covered with patterned paper, stickers and die cuts.  This is so easy and extremely affordable and note, we only keep letters and pictures unless the cards are homemade (hint hint).   We enjoy looking back at years past....oh how quickly the years go by!

Maybe this project will inspire you to create a book of something special and dear to your heart!

No comments: