Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dragon Matchbox

This is my finished project for my matchbox swap through swap-bot.  (My boys thought it was pretty cool).  I had read that my swap partner liked dragons so I pulled out this dragon-themed sticker pack from Karen Foster called "My Brave Knight".    Inside, I added another tiny dragon sticker tucked away on the bottom of the box (see images below).  I then filled the box with a skull and crossbones stamp and inkpad (she likes those too).  We don't have to fill the matchbox with anything, but I thought she would like this too (another tip from her profile).  This little dragon will be off on a wonderful journey tomorrow as it's being shipped all the way to Denmark, what an adventure! 

To create the matchbox, I used my Sizzix Die Cut Machine and the Bigz XL Matchbox die.  The patterned paper I used was from Prima Marketing called "Rock Out Boy" and it coordinates so nicely! The green actually has a pattern like scales from a serpant (click on the picture to enlarge to see this better).

As true with the dragons, at least those the boys and I have read about, they are usually guarding their treasure, so I had to add some gems...(rhinestones) *wink*.   I also dressed up the dragon and the flag with some glitter (stickles "star dust" to be exact - my favorite product ever!).  Who doesn't love glitter...I know, there are a few of you out there. 
 
TIP:  here's a trick I use to get my stickers to look more 3-dimensional.  BABY POWDER.  Yes, rub the sticky part of your sticker in a tray filled with baby powder and it will neutralize the sticker...remove any excess baby powder and then add your pop dot to make it really pop off the page...simple.

























2 comments:

Sandi D said...

Nice! Your swap partner is very lucky to have you as a partner!

Tara... said...

wow! what an amazing matchbox - very, very impressed! And i love dragons :)
i popped over from my blog - i am your partner in be my blog followe blogger 2 swap - you've commented but i don't think you're following so i havent rated you yet. just letting you know.
Fab blog here by the way!